Mrs Eio bought Etutorstar reading pen last Nov/dec school holiday from a promoter at Popular bookstore. There’s a couple of reasons why Mrs Eio decided to buy this pen (not cheap) :
1) Since Mrs Eio has never send Em for any CL enrichment class, she thought it’ll be good to get this gadget to read to Em while she read to Eliz.
2) something to get the kids occupied during the dec holiday.
3) this pen can read “好朋友”. The magazine that Em has to purchase when he’s in primary school. However, the content of the magazine has to be downloaded from the website into the pen for it to be able to read it.
4) this pen encourages independent learning & self-learning.
5) there’s other functions in this reading pen (Eg. Voice recording function) which can be useful for Em.
6) Mrs Eio’s mouth can rest a bit more from reading to the kids. Lol.
One may purchase the books at a discounted price if you buy the reading pen.
There are books more suitable for preschool level & another set of books for primary level.
So far, the pen is pretty sensitive in terms of reading the words that it’s pointing to.
Em learning to pronounce the words after the reading pen.
Eliz also enjoys using it. Frankly speaking, Mrs Eio think this reading pen is more suitable for students from Kindergartento primary level & above. Em can maximise the usage of this pen but Eliz needs more guidance in using the pen.
Em’s reading using the reading pen while I read with Eliz.
Mrs Eio decided to share this post only after she has reap all benefits from this pen for the amount ($) she spent. The kids are still using the reading pen. Em will ask for permission to use it so its viewed as a privilege to use the reading pen. After all, people need to increase their exposure to the language if they want to learn it well.
For more information, please visit their website: http://www.etutorstar.com