Rinse the quinoa with water. Mrs Eio cooked the quinoa in a rice cooker. The water to quinoa ratio is 2:1.
Quinoa as a side dish with toufu & brocolli. It definitely adds some crunch to toufu & makes it more palatable. Mrs Eio loves to add wolfberries to her dishes. This a great protein-packed dish for vegans!
1) Steam the brocolli & beancurd.
2) Boil 2-3 cups of vegetable or chicken stock. (Depending on how much sauce you want).
3) Add in cooked quinoa (half a cup) & wolfberries (one table spoon). Bring the sauce to boil. (Optional: add seasoning, salt & pepper if you prefer to).
4) Add in some cornstarch water to thicken the quinoa sauce. You may add an beaten egg if you want to. (But make sure there’s enough sauce in the pot to cook the egg).
5) pour the quinoa sauce onto the beancurd & brocolli.