In addition to the appetizer salad that Mrs Eio shared in her earlier post when she’s at the Bosch Experience Center, chef John See also shared his recipe on the following main dish & how he used Bosch home appliances to create this dish with ease.
2tbsp Olive oil
Pinch freshly cracked salt & pepper
8 slices lemon slices
Flaxseed & walnut crust:
3tbsp toasted flaxseed
Half cup toasted walnut
2 sliced toasted wholemeal fibre bread (cut to cubes)
2 cooked beetroot (peel & diced)
3 cup fresh tomato (cut to quarter)
2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
4tbsp brown sugar
Half white onion (diced)
Kale in soya milk:
1tbsp olive oil
2 whole garlic smashed
Pinch of salt & pepper
300gm Fresh kale leaves
1 firm bean curd
Half cup soya milk
Use a Bosch handheld blender (see photo above) & purée the tomato jam into fine puree & add in the cooked beetroot cube. Set aside to serve with salmon.
2) combine all the flaxseed mix ingredients (except honey ) into the Bosch mighty mix blender (see photo below). Roughly blend & set aside. Add honey, then heating it on a pan. Set aside as a crust for the salmon.
3) place the salmon onto a tray top with salt, pepper, lemon slices & olive oil. Then into the Bosch Series 8 steam oven (see photo below) to steam for 5-6 min.
Mrs Eio is impressed with bosch series 8 steam oven. It’s an all-in-one oven that can steam (that’s the container to hold water for steaming function), roast, microwave & bake etc. Recent new developments have very small kitchen, this oven will help save space as there’s no need for a steamer, microwave etc. Of course, this oven is more pricey as compared to the other conventional ovens in the market.
Chef stressed that we should not over-steam salmon. If we see whitish substance on the salmon, it means that the fish is over cooked.
4) encrusted with the flaxseed walnut crust & place it onto a plate. (Mrs Eio loves the taste of this crust. Crunchy & nutty. Can serve the kids as snacks. Lol)
Mrs Eio has tried cooking this black tau kwa. It’s delicious, tougher & taste abit like meat. Well… You can see from the packaging that it contains antioxidants.
5) lightly sautéed the garlic to golden brown, add kale & bean curd (see photo above & below) . Fry for 2 min. Finally add in soya milk to braise for 3 min.
6) serve with beetroot tomato jam.
The final product!
Mrs Eio has not tried steaming fish with lemon! She usually used ginger & garlic. Hmm.. Something different that she can try at home. Hopefully the Eios will like it.