Em loves cream of mushroom but El can’t eat due to the presence of animal milk protein. Mrs Eio has been thinking how to make this soup tastes good & both kids can enjoy. The cream of mushroom didn’t taste as good with Soy milk. Mrs Eio finally got it when she used coconut cream to make the soup. Yummy!
- 500g of shitake mushroom (before removing stalks)
- 200 g of brown mushroom (before removing stalks)
- 1 packet of cream of coconut
- 3 yellow onions & 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Olive oil to stir fry the ingredients.
- 1-2 cups of water.
- Pinch of oregano (optional. Some people use thyme)
After blending, Mrs Eio put part of the blended ingredients into a container. Freeze it upon cooling.
Note: Try to freeze the ingredients before adding coconut cream. You may add the coconut cream or milk to the thawed mushrooms mixture the next time round.
Em finished that big bowl of soup! He simply loves it!!