Mr Eio has been working late for past 2-3 weeks. There’s a high chance that he’ll be home on time for dinner today. Eios are all excited. Eio kids can see their daddy before going to bed. So, Mrs Eio tried to whip up something special for her ❤️.
One of her friend showed her what she cooked for dinner few days ago. It’s roast chicken with vegetable. This is timely. Good idea for dinner tonight.
- 1 Sakura whole chicken (lower cholesterol & fed with lactobacillus) Mrs Eio washed, marinated the chicken with herbs (dried rosemary, thyme, lemon, salt & fish sauce) & refrigerated it overnight.
- 1 lemon (poke all over using a fork)
- 1 clove of garlic (cut into half- cross section)
- 2 sweet potatoes (cut into 6-8 pcs)
- 6-8 small potatoes
- 2 stalks of celery (cut into shorter pcs)
- 1-2 carrots (chopped into smaller pcs)
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Thaw the marinated chicken to room temperature.
- Stuff the lemon & garlic into the chicken.
- Mrs Eio doesn’t have a string to tie the chicken thigh so she decided to pluck a pandan leave from her balcony plant to tie the chicken thigh.
- Lay the vegetables in the baking tray.
- Add some salt & olive oil
- Place the chicken into the tray on top of the vegetables. Add some olive oil onto the chicken.
- Place the chicken & vegetable into the oven.
- Roast them for 1.5 hours at 180 degree celcius.
- Sprinkle some water on the vegetables & chicken every half & hour (Twice for the entire 1.5 hour) – to prevent overheating & drying up.
Once the roasted chicken & vegetables are out of the oven, remove the chicken & placed it on a plate. After cutting the chicken, you may squeeze some of the lemon juice on the chicken & vegetables.
Toss the spaghetti with the roasted vegetables, together with the rich & flavourful gravy in the baking tray.
Worth the time. Yummy. Try it!